Aqaba is a city in the southwestern part of Jordan on the Gulf of Aqaba at the Red Sea. It is Jordan's only seaport with important industrial and commercial activities. The city is a well known tourist destination, its warm water, white sandy beaches and beautiful marine life attract many tourists, national (particularly from Amman and Irbid) and international, each year. Aqaba is a fusion of history, nature, and city life surrounded by picturesque mountains and blue sea. A pedestrian promenade runs the whole length of the beach, take a stroll underneath palm trees with allotment gardens. Enjoy a coffee in one of the several cafes or an ice cream, take a glass bottom boat trip or rent a jet ski.
Online hotel booking Aqaba hotels
Aqaba has beach resorts and luxury hotels, combining style, luxury and welcoming hospitality and all with airconditioning. Enjoy your view of the Red Sea or the country's world-renowned archeological sites. Participate in the watersports activities they organize, like windsurfing, sailing, kitesurfing and Scuba diving or ride a camel, go on safari and watch the stunning sunset and stars in the desert night.
A small selection of the hotels in Aqaba is: InterContinental Aqaba five stars, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Aqaba five stars, Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba five stars, Kempinski Hotel Aqaba five stars, Oryx Hotel five stars, Golden Tulip Aqaba four stars, Al Qidra Hotel & Suites Aqaba three stars and My Hotel three stars.
Must see tips:
• Kerak — site of a once-mighty Crusader castle
• Madaba — known for its mosaic map of Jerusalem
• Petra — Jordan's top attraction, an ancient city carved out of sandstone and one of the new 7 Wonders
• Wadi Rum — barren, isolated and beautiful, granite cliffs contrasting with desert sand
• Dead Sea — the lowest point on earth and the most saline sea
• Dana Nature Reserve — a village little changed since the 15th century